Saturday, September 18, 2010

First Meeting!

Ladies, we had our first meeting yesterday, and I left feeling pumped. I love the topic of community among women. I truly feel passionate about this subject, and I felt Jacquie and Josh each had such wonderful things to say. Don't you agree?

I want to reiterate that women need to ban together. Life is hard. Not every single day, thank goodness, but when it is we need people to help us through the hard times. Marriage can have it's difficult times. Children can be trying. Finances can get us down. I could go on and on. My point isn't to depress us about difficulties. My point is that these difficulties can be less trying when shared with a friend. We can pray together, offer encouraging words, and sometimes even suggest some brilliant, or at least helpful, ideas. ;-)

I James 4:11 says, "Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." So, if you are going through something, call a friend and let them love on you. If a friend is on your mind, love on them by calling and seeing how their day is going. If you don't have a close friend, pray for one. God doesn't want us to go it alone, and He will bless us all with the perfect friend or friends.

I hope to see all of your beautiful faces at next months Mom's Life! Be a blessing to someone and invite them to join you at our October 15th meeting. You may know a women that needs a group such as this, but if you don't, pray that God helps reveal to you who that person may be.

Your sister in Christ, Dawn :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment