Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Memory Verses for Toddlers

Your toddler can memorize God's Word! Simplify your favorite verses from the Bible and share them with your children. You'll be amazed how quickly your kids will pick up on these simple, but life-changing truths. Sing a little song to the verse. Make up hand motions. The more interactive you can be, the better your child will remember.
  • God is always with me. (Joshua 1:9)
  • God is happy to make me His own. (I Samuel 12:22)
  • God is kind and loving. (2 Chronicles 30:9)
  • I say thank you to God. (Psalm 7:17)
  • I sing songs to Him. (Psalm 7:17)
  • I praise You Lord with all my heart. (Psalm 9:1)
  • The Bible says to share with others. (Luke 6:30)
  • God says, "I will never leave you alone." (Hebrews 13:5)
  • God has always wanted you in His family. (Ephesians 1:5)

1 comment:

  1. I was absolutely floored that my 3 year old son could memorize scripture with me. I had wanted my children to know the truth in the Bible - but in an age appropriate way. We started with the phrase, "The Bible says" to simple phrases, like "love each other" John 13:34. It stuck! And the kids wanted to learn more. Brianna was 4, and was learning verses at VBS set to music. We tried a sing-song to Ephesians 1:5 for both the 3 and 4 year old. They both loved it! Tell me your stories!

    ReplyDelete