Sunday, August 29, 2010

Things To Celebrate...8/30/10 Through 9/5/10




Monday the 30th~National Toasted Marshmallow Day,

Tuesday the 31st~National Trail Mix Day

Wednesday the 1st~Emma M. Nutt Day (She was the first woman telephone operator.)

Thursday the 2nd~Vietnam's Independence Day, Titanic was found on this day in 1985 after missing for 73 years, U.S. Treasury Department was established on this day in 1789

Friday the 3rd~National Lazy Mom's Day, Skyscraper Day,

Saturday the 4th~Oatmeal Day, Newspaper Carrier Day

Sunday the 5th~Be Late For Something Day, Cheese Pizza Day

Get out there and celebrate something with your kids. Use one of these times to create memories, as well as learning, with your child.

~Dawn

2 comments:

  1. I am celebrating "Lazy Mom's Day" by heading to southern Illinois for a weekend with my college roomies. I suppose I will be lazy for Friday, Saturday, Sunday AND Monday. Yahoo! I also plan to talk to Ali & Josh about the Titanic and read a book about it with them.

    How about you? How are you celebrating this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I celebrated the toasted marshmallows day over vacation, and I am craving them again! Nothing like the Kraft jet puffed marshmallows. We tried the family dollar version and they were horrible. ; ) Tastes best over charcoal.

    ReplyDelete